Thursday, December 31, 2009

In 2010

Well, I've seen quite a few of my fellow bloggers doing this; New Years Resolutions! Normally I avoid such things (which might explain why I never do anything), and I certainly never make them public. I suppose it's time to change that, and hopefully I'll get somewhere with my writing as a result!

Okay, here goes... ready? I'm not... Okay, I'm digressing (or distracting you...)
  • Spend at least five hours a week reading something that's not college related (unless the pressure of college mounts up and I have no choide)
  • Spend at least five hours a week writing or editing my own work (unless college + pressure = no choice)
  • Blog at least twice a week, because I've become very bad at that, and it really needs to change
  • Review every book I read from now on, including some of the ones I've already read (this will work in conjunction with my YouTube channel, I think)
  • Start a bookclub on my YouTube channel
  • Start my autograph boook (or at least get more than one signature - thank you Jackie Kessler!)
  • Finish Meet Sam - 2010 is my year, I know it. I can do this. I have to. Then I'll get my other work noticed, like The Jump and The Magical Emporium of Magical Things (I started that three days ago - nice title, eh? ^_^)
  • Complete NaNoWriMo for the third year running

Okay, that's enough targets for myself. They'll keep me sufficently busy for the year, especially with college exams, meet-ups, potential holidays, birthdays, illness and laziness. The forces of procrastination might also show their ugly faces... wish me luck, and Happy New Year!

No comments: