Friday, May 15, 2009

Twenty Fifteen

Good afternoon all!

I recently discovered that a book, Twenty Fifteen has been released. I submitted to this a few months ago, at the encouragement of my cousin Seán who's involved in it actively. I have to say, I'm impressed!

I still don't know if I'm in it or not; I have to wait to get my copy of the book from Seán, via his mum, and mine. I can't wait to get it though, regardless of that fact. It's such a great project for him to be part of; it even got the attention of Seamus Heaney, Anne Enright and Sebastian Barry!!

That knowledge only makes me want to be in it even more! Imagine having that on my writer's CV: "Published in Twenty Fifteen alongside a Nobel Prize winner, winners of Irish Book Awards and a winner of a Costa Book Award." Wow!! It looks even better down in text than it sounds in my mind!

I'll keep you updated on whether or not I'm published in the book. I recommend buying it nonetheless. It's for a good cause, Self Help Africa. Only €9.99 and available, as far as I know, through the website (a guarantee) and two bookshops, Borders and Books Unlimited (still unsure about those).

Thanks for reading, and once more, well done to Seán and Co for a great job!

No comments: