Thursday, May 14, 2009

Free Time, as Far as I Know

Well, I've been officially without a school for five hours. We were let go today at noon. So, that leaves me all alone in the world. Yes, we can go back for extra classes, and I will, but it won't be my school anymore. It'll be my learning facility. I'll sit my exams there. It'll be my examination centre. I'll have my graduation there, as a venue, and I'll get my results there, as is customary. But I have no school! It's odd... I'm yet to fully realise what this means.

Until August, I won't even know where I'm going in September! I can only prepare as much as possible up to the exams, then pray that it was enough and that there are spaces available in the courses I want to do. But between June 16th and some time in late September (usually) I'll have nothing to do. I'll have free time. I don't even know what that is anymore!

Okay, so I also have more free time now. That's a problem too. What the hell am I supposed to do instead of, say, Religion class, or LCVP? What will I do with those classes where we have no teacher, or with the lunches? TV will get boring very quickly. Books will distract me too long. I have nothing. The magazine used to entertain me, but now it's over. I have nothing...

Speaking of that magazine, I haven't even gotten it back from the printers yet! I don't know what's taking them so long, but they're three days later than I'd have liked them to be. I want to be able to sell it, to enjoy telling people they'd be good writers for it, to encourage a greater culture in my school, and to actually give the poets who submitted to it the reward they deserve - how often in a boys school do you get poetry being written, honestly?

I've had to start thinking about what to do with the summer... here's what I've got:
  • Learn to play the piano
  • Go to Barcelona
  • Learn to bake
  • Edit Meet Sam
  • Write What Lurks Through the Mirror
  • Write the second Geneticide book
  • Plan the top secret Literary Den activity
  • Hold a book launch for The Literary Den Book of New Fiction 2009
  • Get the Literary Den Campaign going on full steam

That may look like a lot, but it's not. Three of those will be night time sort of things, or free time ones. Two take up one day after planning is done. One is based around Karl's schedule. One is entirely planned by my parents. The only two that will actually last long are rather difficult. The Campaign will require loads of work, but only if I can get the full support from my group as well. The baking... well, trial and error I suppose.

If you have any suggestions for me, something I can do without making a total hash of it, please, suggest! I'm desperate!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Paul, Tv won't get boring! You can watch me on Battlefront tomorrow!