Saturday, August 23, 2008

Review - The Invisible Girl

First thing I can say about this book - I wish I'd started reading it sooner! When it came to a stage where the day was ending, I had to leave the final three chapters for this morning. I hate leaving a book like that these days, but in the end I thoroughly enjoyed reading it this morning.

While there is obviously some work to do as regards editting, as every book needs, I can only find fault in the typos that may have occurred. The book was flawless, from every last detail that was revealed. The characters were consistent and believable, and never strayed too much from who they really are. They visibly matured as the story progressed and gave a true sense of realism to the story.

In diary format, the book flowed wonderfully. Each day that passed in Ellie Dyer's life was quick and easy to read, and let me get through each chapter quickly. In no time at all I was nearing the end of the tale, and I loved every last minute of it.

The author, Ellie Dyer, has confirmed that the story is based on her own time training to become a teacher, adding in various twists that provide the story with some extra flavour. Even knowing this, I found it hard to decipher fact from fiction.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants a good read, filled with emotion and scandal that provides the reader with a sense of wonderment.

No comments: